Thursday, March 28, 2019

I Enjoy Chemical Engineering :: Graduate Admissions Essays

I Enjoy Chemical Engineering You eject stand very frightened when you are stepping into a plain stitch which is unfamiliar, especially if that field has a reputation as the most challenging major(ip)(ip). To me, switching my major from automatic engineering to chemical engineering at Clarkson University was a unmanageable long-thought-out decision. It was a result of 18 months of reflection and discussion with faculty. Now, I so enjoy my chemical engineering courses that I plan to continue my pedagogics in this field. The controversy that pushed me over the edge of fear of changing my major was the air pollution problem caused by our transportation. I have constantly been in love with cars and motorcycles, so I want to work on the galvanizing vehicle (EV) to fight this environmental problem. As you know, the state of calcium will implement the regulation that requires all car manufacturers to sell range in Emission Vehicle (ZEV) by the year 2003. Although manufacture rs have decided the EV is a quick practical solution, I believe there are many problems that need further research. The latest prototype EV uses a Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery as a power source. The battery is mechanically simple, yet, it could be a good alternative to an ordinary internal combustion engine. However, the EV requires about a 288-volt battery which weighs about 1170 lbs. This Ni-Cd battery costs fountainhead over $30,000 Some EVs even require a 200-volt power source, a specially made battery charger, and may take up to eight hours to recharge. Even in Volvos breakthrough idea of an EV with a swash turbine which serves as an energy source and recharges simultaneously, the gas turbine is made of Boron, which is extremely expensive. As a graduate student, I hope to work on development lighter, more efficient and economical materials that can contri scarcee to solving the problems with electrical vehicles. I am committed to my major, chemical engineering, because, as a mechanical engineer, I could only get involved with the development of the structure of EVs but not the development of progress materials that may be used for electrical vehicles. I seek more specialized education in advanced material development and the advanced chemistry behind a cleansing agent burning alternative source of energy, such as methanol. With this special knowledge, I will devote all my effort to creating advanced materials that are cheap, light, and can store more energy than the Ni-Cd battery it would not be a dream to have clean air in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment